With the ever-growing popularity of the cannabis industry, the interest in cannabis-related products are topping the charts. Today, it’s no longer a small niche that is interested in CBD and its products, the whole world is looking keenly as to what CBD and cannabis-related products can offer. At this time, we will talk about one cannabis-related product that has quite an audience following it – hash oil, and how to make hash oil for vape pen.
What Is Hash Oil?
Hash oil has become a sensation in the cannabis industry, and it can even get some seasoned pot users confused. Hash oil, also known as honey oil, haddish oil, or cannabis oil, is an oil extracted from the cannabis plant. It is a cannabis concentrate mixed with some kind of solvent (alcohol, butane, petroleum ether, etc.) in order to turn it into an oil. It contains many of its cannabinoids, resins and terpenes with cannabidiol (CBD) and tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) as the most active, but this depends on the type of oil.
You can smoke it, you can vape it, or you can use it to make edibles or topicals like balms. The end result is that it gets you high.
If you have no experience with cannabis at all, or you desire to have an intense experience, hash oil is the product you should be looking at. The popularity of vape pen is also simultaneous to the rising popularity of hash oil, and since no one has to know what it is that you are vaping, it makes hash oil incredibly convenient.
The attractiveness of hash oil depends on the extraction method i.e. what ingredients are left out and what ingredients are not. Their appearance varies from dark nuances, to golden yellow, to pure white (at least close to it).
Just before you get started, you will need to put together a few supplies to get you started. Here is what you will need:
- One or two bottles to contain your finished hash oil
- A funnel to transfer the finished hash oil into the bottles
- A bowl and a whisk to help with mixing the ingredients
- Your preferred concentrate. You can use a liquid concentrate, crystal, or wax concentrate.
- Food grade vegetable glycerin (VG)
- Food grade propylene glycol (PG)
- Your preferred vape juice flavoring. You can find high-quality flavorings made specifically for vape juice on flavorah.
Once you have gotten all these together, next you will need to decide on the method i.e. whether you will want to melt the concentrates that you will be using or not. If you will be melting them, then you need a saucepan and a bowl to help with the melting.
How To Make Hash Oil For Vape Pen
Anyone that has dabbled into DIY can acknowledge that it is sometimes better to do things by yourself. Hash oil is no exclusion. You can make your own hash oil for your vape pen in a few simple steps.
- First, you need to determine the percentage or strength of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) that you will want to have in your hash oil. You can use the suggested ratio of one gram or concentrate for every millimeter of vape juice you will use.
- One you have calculated the amount of THC concentrates you will like to use, based on the percentage or strength you determined earlier, you will then need to measure them out.
If you will be melting the concentrates, you will need to begin that now. To do that, you need to bring about 3 inches of water to a boil in your saucepan, then place a heat-safe bowl into the pan. Nextx, you will place the concentrates inside the bowl and stir constantly until it is finely melted.
- Measure the VG and PG that you will be using. The ratio you will be choosing is entirely dependent on your preferences, so you can experiment as much as you want. A good place to start is by using a 70/30 VG/PG ratio. If you want to get smooth vape juice, you need to get the VG/PG ratio right.
- Measure out your preferred flavoring. You are free to decide how much flavoring you want to use by measuring less or more flavoring.
- By now you should have all your ingredients measured out and ready for phase two – mixing. First, you need to slowly mix the VG and PG together in a bowl until it is smooth and well mixed. Next, you need to add your concentrates very slowly and then mix thoroughly until there are no air pockets or separations visible. Lastly, add your flavoring and mix again.
- Once you are done mixing thoroughly, you need to carefully pour out your hash oil vape juice into the bottles you selected for them using the funnels to make it easier.
That’s about it to making our own hash oil for vape pens. You can now vape it and enjoy.