Have you ever stopped and thought about the possibility of making your own vape juice? Probably you had a flavor combination that just popped into your head and you check and find out that it’s not even an existing vape juice flavor. Probably you are beginning to spend a whole lot of cash buying e-juices that never last so long for you. Whatever the reason, there is only one answer – make your own vape juice i.e. Do It Yourself.
It’s high time you begin to express your artistic prowess in creating e-juice flavors that have never been thought about before. Making vape juice can either be exciting or disappointing. It all depends on how you choose to see it and how much knowledge you have. What you need is a step by step guide to educate you on how to make your own vape juice so that the whole process is less of a chore and more of an exciting, timesaving adventure. Making vape juice is an easy process really. It does not involve any advanced chemistry so it’s something you can do in the comfort of your own home.
Let us start with the basics that you will need:
- Base Liquid: This includes vegetable glycerin (VG) and propylene glycol (PG). These two ingredients are the most significant aspects of your vape juice mixture. They are in charge of the overall thickness of the e-juice, the amount of vapour and even the quality of the flavour that you will be rewarded with.
- Flavor Concentrates: This determines what your e-juice will taste like once you are done. There is a wide variety of flavorah concentrates you can select from. Make sure to buy high-temperature, water-soluble flavor concentrates. Anything else is not encouraged to be used in vape juice. Go to flavorah.com and you will find a variety of some of your best flavors that are designed to be used in DIY e-juice. You can start with a one-shot concentrates i.e. using only one flavor, or you can spice things up with a flavor combination that will shock the vape industry.
- Nicotine: The amount of nicotine you will purchase will depend on the desired nicotine level. Nicotine is not a vital ingredient in vape juice. If you will be using nicotine, be extremely careful when using it and putting it away. Always keep it sealed and away from any youngster.
- Bottles: This is for storing your base liquids. If you will be working with nicotine, then it is advisable to store it in a golden or cobalt bottle to reduce its corruption.
- E-Juice Bottles: If this is going to be your first time, you may want to purchase plastic bottles to store your e-juice. They are economical and more convenient to work with than glass bottles. Make sure to purchase a few so you can make and store all of your DIY e-juice.
- Labels: You will need these so you can clearly mark each of the bottles just so you know which flavor is in which bottle.
- Gloves and Goggles: Making vape juice might not be complicated but you can never underestimate safety especially since you will be working with chemicals. You can purchase a case of dispensable latex or rubber gloves from any drug store, and the goggles from any store. Without these, making vape juice can be a dangerous ordeal.
Mixing Your Vape Juice
There are different mixing methods, and it all depends on who is producing. The equipment you will be using for mixing also depends on the amount of e-juice that you will be making. Next, we will talk about what you will need for mixing your e-juice;
- Syringes for mixing based on volume: Syringes are more efficient because you can take very little yet accurate measurements. Just make sure to have one syringe for all the ingredients you will be working with. You can buy a 10-30ml syringe for your base liquid, and 1ml syringe for your nicotine and flavor concentrates.
- Measuring scale for mixing based on weight: You will be making use of an electronic scale that measures up to 0.01 grams. This is especially if you will be making large amounts of e-juice.
Using an E-Juice Calculator
You will need to get the measurements of all the ingredients you will be working with in the right proportions that you will be adding to your vape juice mixture. You can find an e-juice calculator online, or download an app on your phone. What you need to do next is find and determine the desired percentages of all the ingredients you will be using, input it in the calculator and you get just the amount of each you will need to add.
Vaping is an exciting hobby. Creating your own vape juice gives you a more satisfied and proud feeling every time you take a drag on it. You can easily whip up a straightforward e-juice in a matter of minutes or you can spend a good number of hours experimenting to create something entirely individualistic. Whichever, you will find that DIY vape juice can be a really exciting hobby. Just give it a try.